…and Momma’s got her hands full with the unpacking! Truly, my head’s a’swimmin’ with To Do’s before my day can continue. There are only so many piles of gear one can step over and still be effective.
Still, because I have missed you so truly and want you to know it, here is a quick list of some of my favorite things from this weekend:
- the gorgeous, 60-degree weather
- the bald eagle circling over the cul-de-sac where we were staying
- taking the kids’ photo with Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe (too bad I’d forgotten to put film in the camera)
- the old Irish priest from County Tipperary who heard my confession on Saturday and who didn’t bat an eye when I brought my toddler into the confessional with me
- his young associate pastor who made me cry on Sunday with a beautiful homily about humility (Or was it the sight of the hunter who’d clearly come straight from the stand? Seeing him there in his bright orange garb also brought tears to my eyes. God was his priority.)
- and finally, coming home to the smell of fresh bread baking! You ladies have been busy! Here is my favorite recipe, a totally yummy loaf that for some odd reason my family calls “Grandma’s Coffee Cake.” I love to make this bread at Christmas. We eat it fresh from the oven with tons of butter, and then the next day broil left-over slices with sprinkled sugar.
Have a blessed day!