Alternately Titled: Think-About It Thursday
What? I was really busy yesterday.
And in any case, I have been thinking about “weighty” issues a lot–one might even say a TON–and here are some of my thoughts on the matter:
1. It’s hard, hard work to lose ten pounds.
2. It’s even harder to lose fifteen.
3. Does it matter?
4. Yes, it does.
5. I’m really, really, REALLY busy! It takes too much time to eat the right foods and besides that, the wrong foods taste a whole better.
6. Except…the wrong foods make me feel like crap.
7. Sorry. I’ll try to describe it more elegantly next time.
8. Except…it’s not that elegant to eat a whole bag of Sun Chips.
9. I was supposed to be wheat-free this week!
10. It’s only Thursday. I can start again.
So yeah, no scale shots today ’cause the weight’s the same. 131 pounds one day…132 the next. For those of you who are new to this series, my goal weight is 115, but so far my body seems vigorously opposed to that weight.
Here. In all humility, I took a “before” shot.
Correction: Felicity graciously took a “before” shot, and was, like, “Mom? Why are we taking a picture of you sweaty?”
Because Betsy asked about my treadmill, that’s why. So here’s a photo for Betsy:
And oh heck, I simply can’t resist one more:
Look how filthy that kid got! Seriously, I was on the treadmill for 20 minutes!
(Twenty-seven, actually. I run a slow, slow mile.)
Oh, and about getting dissed by the Target cashier? Yesterday the kids and I were on the way to the park. We stopped at Target beforehand to pick up a few things: the aforementioned bag of Sun Chips, a second bag (’cause they go fast), a bag of Snyder’s pretzels (because Angela begged), some chocolate chips & brown sugar for later baking, a pint of blueberries and some raspberries too.
As the clerk scanned the pints of berries, she remarked, “At least you got some healthy stuff too, huh?”
I laughed self-consciously and thought, “Well, I never!”
(Except…I do, and that’s problem. )
What were your successes and failures this week? And more importantly, how do we have our cake but not eat it, too?