…I would like share with you a preview and a promise.
(Twelve promises, to be exact–the promises made to my patron saint.)
First, the preview:
Look who was at the home education conference! It’s the Holy Heroes kids! Very cool & very fun & I’m hoping to get to that conference recap…someday, maybe…if Baby Francis lets me.
(I’m so so tired. That kid loves his momma.)
(Especially, you know, certain parts of her.)
Meanwhile, if you’re feeling especially impatient, you can see my photos from the conference at my Flickr page. You can fill in the stories yourself and you won’t need my blog post! Thus freeing me to feed Baby Francis…and feed the rest of that ravenous bunch, and wipe the counters, and say my prayers, and break up fights, and declutter the classroom, and clean the basement so we can build a bedroom down there, and call my dad, and cuddle with my husband, and have “the talk” with my soon-to-be-going-off-to-school-7th-grader, and put Bio-Oil on George’s scar, and color my roots, and weed-whack my legs, and plan healthy/tasty/inexpensive meals, and shop for modest/stylish/inexpensive girls’ swimsuits, and teach my 8th grader to write in cursive, and monitor the computer usage, and boot said computer users off the computer so they will for/crying/out/loud/go/outside/already!…
Ahem. Is it any wonder I lean heavily on these?
The Twelve Promises
of the Sacred Heart
(as given by Our Lord to Saint Margaret Mary)
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. I promise thee in the excess of the mercy of My Heart, that its all-powerful Love will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of Nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
“On Friday during Holy Communion, He said these words to His unworthy slave, if I mistake not: I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that its all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on nine first Fridays of consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they will not die under my displeasure or without receiving their sacraments, my divine Heart making itself their assured refuge at the last moment.”
(from the writings of St. Margaret Mary)
Happy Feast, dear faraway friends! I hope to back with that recap by Monday [fingers crossed].
PS. I wouldn’t mind it at all if you popped in to say hi. Believe it or not…despite the high levels of activity…
I’m feeling quite puny today.