A Recipe and a Question
My 14-year-old daughter and I are playing around with a gluten-free, dairy-free diet, as per our Doctor Mary’s suggestion. It’s hard! Especially when one is hanging out downtown and stops by a shop called Candyland.
I’m just saying.
And yet…as you can see in the photo from yesterday’s post, where Cate is holding Baby Emory, she really struggles with eczema. She has horrific allergies in general, (I talked about that in this post), so my question for you today is:
In your experience, does diet play a huge part in treating eczema?
We are toying with the idea of allergy shots, actually, because it’s just SO MUCH to stay on top of. My doctor actually recommended a 30-Day elimination diet–no gluten, dairy or egg–but boy…
We’d require serious motivation and perseverance for that.
Anyway, chime in on the discussion if you can and, as promised, here’s the recipe. I made these yesterday and they were delish! (Note that they are not egg-free.) (See what I mean?) (It’s hard to cover all three bases!)
.: Gluten-Free Banana Muffins :.
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 C. Unsalted Cashews
1 C. Gluten-Free Flour (you could use almond flour and make this grain-free)
2 Tbs. oil of your choice
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grind cashews in a food processor, (I used my Cuisinart), then add your oil and blend.
3. Add bananas & egg. Blend.
4. Add the rest of your ingredients and blend. Super easy, right?! I did it all in the Cuisinart.
5. Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 12 mn or until your finger doesn’t leave a dent when you gently press on the top of the muffin.
6. Let muffins cool slightly.
7. Enjoy! And say a prayer in your charity for my daughter’s eczema. 🙂