1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:
A little spiritual tome called In Love with the Divine Outcast. I spent a lot of time with it the summer before my conversion.
2. ONE BOOK THAT YOU’VE READ MORE THAN ONCE:
The Forge by St. Josemaria Escriva
3. ONE BOOK YOU’D WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND:
As in, you could only have one book? Well, certainly then I would choose the Bible. Wasn’t there a guy who got kicked off of Survivor for having brought a Bible? In any case, that’s the book I’d want.
4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH:
84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY:
The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Anne Catherine Emmerich. It didn’t help that I was reading it on Good Friday, late, after everyone else had gone to bed.
6. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN:
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Patience and Humility
7. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN:
Anything by Judy Blume
8. ONE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING:
Thimble Summer by Elizabeth Enright (as a family)
A Life on the Road by Charles Kuralt(on my own)
9. ONE BOOK YOU’VE BEEN MEANING TO READ:
Les Miserables. I enjoy the musical but heck if that book isn’t dense and unwieldy. Yikes.
10. TAG FIVE OTHERS:
Sarah, Cathy, Ann, Lynn, and Tina
Leave a Reply