Karen has asked me to do something that is very hard for most of us, and that is to talk about myself. ; )
“For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”
So here we go. Let’s see how surprised you are by any of this.
- I am a hopeless extrovert. My husband—bless his dear, introverted soul—is very patient and puts up with my chatty, social nature. His is the quiet yin to my ever-boisterous yang: a much-needed look-before-you-leap complement to my rash character.
- I love coffee but would give it up in a heartbeat if it meant becoming a better singer. When I took voice lessons in college (the only time I’ve taken voice lessons), my teacher asked me to give up caffeine. And for more than a month, I did! (The only time in the past two decades that I have done so.) I love to sing and can do so with happy abandon around my children, but those beautiful hymns at church are hard for me. It’s like my vocal chords close up with nervousness.
- I have a lazy eye that tends to droop when I get tired, a result of my having had Bells Palsy when I was pregnant with Stephen. Have you ever had Bells Palsy? Talk about weird! The right side of my face went completely numb for weeks. It just stopped working. If you’re good, I’ll post a picture sometime…because it’s really quite something to see the asymmetrical smile that I had going.
- I am different things to different people. I am Margaret and Maggie & (don’t tell anyone) Pookie to my husband; Maggie to my husband’s side of the family; Margie (hard ‘g’) to my own; Mags to a friend from college; and Margaret to everyone else. This inconsistency tends to make me feel a little schizophrenic at times. I have to remember “who” I am and “when.” I first went by Maggie when I worked as a server at TGIFridays ‘cause I thought it was a cute derivative and would seem friendly. One day my sister came by to see me and asked for Margaret.
My boss said, “You mean Maggie?
And my sister said, “You mean Margie?”
And my boss said, “Huh?”
And my sister replied, “Huh?”
You get the picture.
- I have six godchildren and pray for them daily. My goal is to have masses said for them on every birthday and to honor them (well, religiously) with a card or a phone call on all their name days and sacramental anniversaries.
- I want to be a saint. I really and truly do. The Holy Spirit knows this (and He knows the work He’s got cut out for Him) and yet, He seems to be taking His own sweet, spiritual time in this matter.
- Which brings me to my 8th fact/habit tidbit: I am incredibly impatient. Do you want to see my knuckles turn white? Stick me behind a slow driver and you will.